Monday, April 06, 2009

My Life In Writing

It's been a while since I last contributed to the Blog Rounds. Accept my sincerest apologies. Life's a lot different when you are abroad and I'm sure many can attest to that. I also would like to say thank you to the moderator of this week's blog rounds for inviting me again to participate. Cheers to you Ligaya! I'm sure you'll do well.

My life became an open book, well at least some part of it, ever since I started blogging. If you'll read some of my entries here, you'll surely get to know me well as a person.

I hail from a province of poets and beautiful lasses, Bulacan. Malolos is my hometown and I live near the church at the back of your 10 peso bill. I am half Ivatan, half Bulakenyo. I'm the 3rd among 5 siblings. Presently I am already based here in Sydney and I don't work as a doctor anymore. I was once a Pediatrician and used to have a meager private practice in Pulilan. I am still single but currently in a very serious relationship.

Nobody influenced me to write. It's just that I can easily communicate and express myself through writing rather than conversing. If there is one book that I will recommend you guys to read, it's Og Mandino's "The Gift Of Acabar." He has a simple "life instruction" there in the "Credenda." I usually blog hop when I have the time. Sometimes it's worthwhile reading other peoples ideas and thoughts. Of the many entries I have in my weblog, these are some of my favorites...

Inner Fear
Doctors Are Human After All
Grow Old
The Story Of Nan Cheng
How I Accidentally Became A Pediatrician
Enjoy Your Parents
and last but definitely not the least, Vivid.

Thanks once again for the invite! Cheers!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Pinay MegaMom said...

Thanks for the contribution Doc Abner! I'm sure Gaya appreciates it.
By the way, are you part of the TBR e-group? Let me know.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

yup, i am already a member of the TBR e group.

thanks!

abner

4:39 PM  
Blogger the philippine daily idiot said...

must be fun telling people hey my home is just across the church at the back of the 10peso bill.

doc, i thought you're practicing down under. what dya exactly do? :-)

oh i must have missed it. or i'm sorry i'm not following. nyak.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Ligaya said...

Yes, I super-super-appreciate it! And I agree about The Gift of Acabar... My elementary friend and I used to try to memorize it... "Turn away from the crowd and its fruitless pursuit of fame and gold..."

Round-up here -- http://ligayasolera.blogspot.com/2009/04/tbr-mds-their-lives-and-letters.html

Thank you again doc for contributing! :-) sa uulitin!

7:32 PM  
Blogger MerryCherry said...

Welcome Back Doc. We missed your entries!

12:36 AM  
Blogger ness said...

Hi Abner,

Glad to see you're writing again! Sulat pa more ha. :-)

10:24 PM  
Blogger Bonedoc said...

Is there a saying somewhere else that once a doctor/pediatrician always a doctor/pediatrician?

Welcome back, to blogging mate!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home