Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whatever Will Be Will Be

When I was just a little boy, I asked my mother what will I be... Here's what she said to me... Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be, the future's not ours to see. Writing those words made me hum to the tune of the old country song, Que Sera Sera. These lines made me think about how mysterious and unpredictable life can be, makes me ponder about life's unsure issues. One question just popped in my mind... Do you reckon failures and successes are born out of sheer luck? They sometimes say "if you don't make things happen, things will happen to you." Sounds right and fair, isn't it?

I know that fate SOMETIMES decide, I remember I wrote something to that effect. Seriously, serendipity should not determine the outcome of our own lives. I believe that it is our choice that matters in the end and it is not chance that should influence our tomorrow. So much were written and said about the role of luck or fortune in people's lives. Shakespeare believed that our future depends on how we are going to shape it and not just by chance alone. He once said and I quote, "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves," An old Filipino saying, "Nasa D'yos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa," holds true then and up to now.

But sometimes, we just can't help but surrender to the Divine providence. I know, not everybody will swallow that with ease. For many, it will be easier to bite, chew and swallow raw bitter melons than accept the fact that Someone up there had planned our lives way ahead of time. There will come a time in your life that you'll just say... "His will be done" and surrender everything to Him. For the time being, I just want to say, whatever will be, will be. I am just hoping for the best. I know it's not entirely acceptable but I will settle with that for now.

Que sera sera, what will be, will be.

Enough ranting, goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home