Friday, May 15, 2009

Off Chemo

I just arrived home, I went straight to Westmead Hospital to visit Abel. She's in high spirit today although you can see that she's very weak and tired. Yesterday she was having abdominal pain and bloating. I attribute this to hyperacidity because she is still maintained on a low dose dexamethasone.

I told her to ambulate more even inside her room because prolonged recumbency will cause her bowel to become hypoactive. Today is the 4th day off chemotherapy. Doctors are giving her bone marrow ample time to recover as her blood cells are close to nil. She is very vulnerable to infection at this stage.

Still I am appealing to all of you reading this post. Please include my sister, Abel and all cancer sufferers around the world, in your prayers. Again my sincerest appreciation to all of you.

Prayers can move mountains and I know with your help we can effect a big difference. I continue to have faith...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

praying for abel's fast recovery...
-pre nelson

5:14 PM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

salamat pareng nelson! advance happy birthday pare!

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi abner,,

il pray for your sister speedy recovry..
i read all those emails from "RCC Diamonds.." including your blog..
na homesick tuloy ako lalo..im here in singapore.. for project assignment only,,ang i understand your feeling and situation..

regards ans godbless..gigi-garcia-gabe

1:23 AM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

thanks gigi!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home