Sunday, April 13, 2008

Warm There, Chilly Here

I was again invited to join and contribute to the blog rounds. It's actually the 5th blog rounds and my 3rd time to contribute. The topic for this week as chosen by the moderator, Ness is entitled "I know what you did last summer!" I don't know what to share or where to start but here it goes anyway....

April and May are sure warm and dry months in the Philippines, the much awaited summer break for all especially for the kids who are studying. During these times, Pinoys start to flock beaches and resorts or go to Baguio perhaps. Here in Aussieland it is starting to become cold and chilly, people start to wear sweatshirts and hoodies... Summer is over and what can be more lovely than the pleasant autumn weather.

December through February are the warmest months here. We celebrate Christmas here in the scorching heat of summer. Probably one of my most memorable summer was the one when we celebrated Christmas of 2006. The family was complete then, my brother in law who works in the Philippines spent Christmas with us, also, Eric's family was for the first time together here in Sydney during that festive season. That was the first noche buena we had here in Sydney where each and everyone were present. That was a very memorable one. The kids had a great time.

I guess from now on I will not be spending my Aprils and Mays going to the beach or having a swim at resorts or going to Baguio. I will be wearing jackets and scarves going to work. My Christmases will be much different as well, so much for chilly December mornings and Simbang Gabi. I will be spending the rest of my summers greeting everyone a Merry Christmas.

Enjoy your summer there and I will savor my autumn here...

7 Comments:

Blogger ness said...

thanks Abner,

Enjoy your chilly autumn weather there!

And I totally agree with you that the IELTs should not have an expiry date, for goodness sake.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you are doing okay there and adjusting to the reverse seasons.

By the way, my brother just moved to Melbourne. I was telling him to petition me but he said it is tougher than what I think.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

@ anonymous:

if you have a job experience other than the practise of medicine (research perhaps), try to have it assessed and with the help of your brother's sponsorship (is he an aussie citizen already?), malaki ang chance mo makamigrate dito.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hindi pa citizen, PR lang so far. I have research experience, what sites should I look into for research jobs?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

if you are still working in a research study, look for a job in the occupation shortage list at www.immi.gov.au related to what you are doing in your research, then magpa-assess ka muna sa assessing body ng napili mong occupation, usually "vetassess" ang gumagawa nun.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salamat sa iyong pagbisita sa aking blog Doc Abner. Sang ayon ako sa iyo na pinagkikitahan lang tayo sa mga English tests na iyan.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, will check on that doc abner. problem is i am not currently working on any research.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home