Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wishful Thinking

Its been 22 days since my interview at Auburn Hospital and I haven't heard anything from them. I was applying for a Paediatric Senior Medical Resident Officer position there. Unfortunately only 1 position is available for next year and I reckon they interviewed more than 10 applicants, me included.

I wasn't very confident that I will make it but not until I receive the rejection letter from them I will continue my wishful thinking.

Almost all of the jobs (even entry level jobs) that I am applying for resulted in outright rejection. Hell, I was not even shortlisted for an interview. Imagine a medical degree being rejected for a laboratory assistant job! I might be smarter than the person rejecting me for all we know. I might sound like I am sour graping here but I am thinking does the color of my skin or the sound of my name or the way I write my cover letter has anything to do with these tons of rejections... I wonder...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on trying.....God will give you the job that is best for you. Not one of these jobs you have applied to so far is the one that God has intended for you. Kaya wala pang positive answer

Have you been following the news re: ZTE?
Ellen Tordesillas and Ricky Carandang have good blogs regarding this.
http://www.rickycarandang.com/
http://www.ellentordesillas.com/

11:37 PM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

yeah, been reading the news (inquirer.net) its just that i haven't blogged for a while. saka medyo nakakainis na mag blog about graft and corruption! wala nang katapusan...

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home