Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How Much More Can We Endure?

I haven't been blogging for a while, firstly because I am a bit preoccupied by my new job which started only last Monday and secondly I was thinking that my blogging will not make a difference anyway, especially when it comes to Philippine politics.

Honestly I am very much up-to-date when it comes to current affairs in the Philippines, thanks to my source of Filipino news, the Inquirer website. I really wanted to blog, rant, belch out my frustrations, make sarcastic comments about this filthy NBN deal but I said to myself, hell... what for? Nothing will not change anyway. But after reading Jenny Llarena's multiply site, "Jenny She Said", it made me think otherwise and immediately my fingers became itchy hence this post.

I remember the time she commented on my multiply site entry Maybe It's About Time. It was the time when Trillanes and Gen. Lim were having a stand-off at the Manila Peninsula. She was very modest back then in saying that it would be more prudent to wait for two more years until GMA's term expires. I disagreed in a way because that is precisely the reason why the Philippines is still governed by a little powerful lady, many Filipinos are being apathetic. What is more important to many of us is we eat three times a day and that's it. It doesn't matter if our rights are being trampled upon.

Kudos to Jenny! She came to her senses and is now making a stand. I also want to thank her for inspiring me to write again. I hope many could read this and the links above and be inspired as well to stand up.

Prayers also should be offered to Jun Lozada and his family. I know his ordeal is not a joke. The Filipino nation hopes he will make the difference! God bless the Philippines!

Peace to all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your job!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

thanks!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home