Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Over For Now

I've been monitoring the "uprising" staged by Senator Trillanes and General Lim at the Manila Peninsula via the Inquirer website. The standoff is over as the main protagonists opted to surrender peacefully to avoid innocent civilians, journalists mostly, being hurt.

Its saddening that it had to end this way, but on a brighter note, I think that their surrender was for the good of the whole nation. The Philippines DESERVE to be what it is now, poor and hopeless and I think it will remain that way for generations to come because many of us its citizens allow the country to be treated as such. Graft and corruption, power tripping, nepotism... these will never end.

Finally as Trillanes put it, "The loser here is the Filipino nation, because Arroyo is still in power." God bless the Philippines!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trillanes is too naively patriotic. I do not know what he had sought to achieve yesterday.

Unfortunately, the Filipino is not worth dying for. As most Filipinos are apathetic and corrupt, they deserve what they have now and the worst in the future. We truly have a damaged culture wherein "I, myself and me alone" through all means, whether foul or fair, is the name of the game.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

i absolutely agree. well said angelo.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home