Thursday, November 15, 2007

Si Aida, Si Lorna At Si Fe

1987, the year that was. I just graduated with a bachelor's degree in Biology from UST, I have no other choice but to pursue Medicine knowing I will not get a job with a decent pay with a "Biology" degree. Back then, entering a Medical school is like going through the eye of a needle, so many "pre-med" graduates wanting to become doctors. Being the lazy bones I was, I only applied in 3 schools, UST, FEU and UERM. Luckily I was shortlisted in UST and FEU. Being a Thomasian, I opted to enroll in the UST Faculty of Medicine.

Summer of 1987, before the start of my first year proper, I met my first love, a lanky chinese mestiza, daughter of a prominent family in our town. We first met "on air" as I was into amateur radio back then. Our town is such a small place that almost everybody knows everybody, she happened to be the best friend of my friend's younger sister. We spent hours talking over the radio and the rest is history... We became "on" for more than six years.

Clerkship came, I was on my graduating year in Med school, the year was 1993. (I was delayed for two years as I transfered to Fatima after my first year in UST) I was doing my first rotation as a junior medical intern in Veterans Memorial Medical Center when I met a very pretty senior medical intern. She had short hair and chinky eyes and her complexion, sparkling white. First time I saw her, I knew I was in love. After weeks of hiding, I formally broke off with my first girlfriend and me my second love became lovers. Our relationship lasted for 7 years.

Everything went good between the two of us until 1991, during my pediatric residency training, I met my third love, she was my junior resident then. She was tall, caring and "chinese-looking" as well. Because we were together most of the time, I fell in love, again... That was a very tough decision in my life letting go of my "second" love, a decision for which I have no regrets up to now. My third love lasted for nearly eight years but due to personal reasons, we parted ways just this summer.

Now I am left with nobody and I accept whatever punishment the heavens is giving me. I know the law of karma is on me now. I have never been so lonely in my life knowing I caused so much heartache to three good and beautiful people. All I can say is I'm sorry, I hope you have forgiven me. I guess life must go on, if I have to travel alone, so be it. I wasted all my opportunities and I cannot do anything about it anymore. I cannot turn back the hands of time nor can I build a time machine to correct whatever I did back then.

Haaaaay.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

colorful history.
i married my pre-med sweetheart jsut before starting residency after being together for 8 years.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

good on you mate! more power to you and your wife.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home