Friday, November 09, 2007

Superlative!

I thought depression is creeping in on me because I cannot find a medical job here in Australia but after reading the story of a 12 year old girl from Davao, Philippines who was forced to end her own life because of despair for her family's extreme poverty... I said to myself, mate, "you are one very lucky soul."

What more can I say, this is indeed a very good reason why most of us are leaving the country. Makes me just shake my head in pity, frustration and disgust knowing most of our kababayans are living below poverty line. Even rats are luckier they have at least something to eat.

What is more saddening is the FACT that the people entrusted with power to govern, to legislate laws and enforce these laws are the ones driving our people to be so damn filthy poor that even innocent children are forced to commit suicide. I am talking of billions of pesos lost to graft and corruption. The fertilizer scam, the NBN deal, the cash doles given to "tongressmen" and local executives... where else can you see these? Only in the Philippines!

I am not pointing fingers here, the government is not solely responsible for Mariannet's death. I think the society as a whole failed here. In the end, I thank the Lord for those Filipinos like me who were given new a chance for life. I hope someday I still have a country to go home to, a place I can really call my home... Nah maybe not!

So much for false hopes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kamusta na? Ako naman nag-iintay ng job opening dito sa isang companya na makakafulfill ng requirements ng immigration sa NZ. Hanggang May na lang next year ang visa ko...kung di ko makuha ito para ma-satisfy ang NZ immigration, mapapabalik ako sa atin.

Try ng try lang diyan. Nakakadepress nga minsan habang naghahanap pa ng trabaho, pero dasal lang.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

hi! im still jobless at the moment. balak ko mag exam na lang sa july next year.

good luck!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home