Monday, April 28, 2008

Walang Ganyan Sa Australia

I used to blog about the negative side of the Philippines, yes, I am guilty of putting a bit of shame to our country but I only do it sarcastically to prove a point. I created that blog when I was still in the Philippines, not to put our country down or make worse its reputation, it was actually meant to be a wake up call, to somehow "shake" a sleepy nation to face reality and change for the better.

Fact is, I love the Philippines very much that I take honor and pride being a Filipino. I left the Philippines for personal reasons but it doesn't mean that I do not love our country anymore. I hope our kababayans in the Philippines will understand people like me who chose to leave the Philippines for various reasons. Whenever the likes of Efren "Bata" Reyes or Django Bustamante or Manny Pacquiao triumph in the sporting scene, I am one of the many Pinoy bloggers blogging about them telling everybody in cyberspace how truly "world-class" Filipinos are. Some of my posts are archived and I reckon I wrote about them and other "world-class Pinoys" a number of times.

But what is it in the Philippines that makes us love it with all our hearts? I can name more than a hundred and one reasons and I am sure all you Pinoys out there can think thousands and thousands more.

I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES simply because it is my one and only TRUE HOME. I was born and raised there and that fact will remain forever even if I'll change citizenship in the years to come. Australia will only be my second home.

I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES because Filipinos are generally good people. Hardworking, God-fearing, responsible, polite, family oriented, loyal. These attributes are inherent to Pinoys no matter where we are. When you ask Australians to describe a Filipino, they will definitely say good adjectives in defining us.

I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES because of the good food. Sinigang na baboy, Kare-kare, Nilagang baka, Inihaw na bangus, Bagoong at Itlog na maalat. These are but some of the mouth-watering delicacies our country has to offer. Not to mention the world renowned Balut, which can only be found in the Philippines.

I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES because of its scenic and majestic places. The Banaue Rice Terraces, Mt. Apo in Davao, Boracay, Palawan, Cebu, Vigan to name a few.

I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES because world class people, doctors, inventors, athletes and artists come from this part of the earth.

And most of all I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES because there is no place in the world like it.

God bless the Philippines! Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

7 Comments:

Blogger MerryCherry said...

Awwwwww, love this post.

This is what I have been trying to tell my friends and family who only has bad things to say about those who leave. That leaving doesn't mean you are turning your back on this country.

Love this post Doc. At anjan si Efren 'Bata' Reyes! Hahaha

10:06 AM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

thanks merrycherry!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging about negative things in the Philippines does not mean you don't love the country. The same goes the other way, blogging about the positive things in the Philippines does not mean you love the country either.

There is simply no correlation.

The biggest thieves in our country have all praises for our country but obviously they do not love our country.

7:32 PM  
Blogger ness said...

Agree ako kay anonymous, wonder bakit siya walang name?

Abner, nice to know that love mo talaga ang Pilipinas. Even if you chose to be somewhere else does not mean that you don't care or love our country.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

thanks for your nice comments.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sincere post, Doc Abner! I can certainly feel the love.

Don't worry about those who say bad things about those who leave. They don't know the whole story, and I find that many of them have misguided motives for saying what they say.

I find, like being in love, that the further the distance, the love grows stronger sometimes. You are more willing to overlook deficiencies, and tend to pine for what you miss.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Abner M. Hornedo, M.D. said...

thanks for your nice words, megamomph!

you are absolutely right, sometimes you do not realise that you love the country that much unless you go a distance from it.

cheers!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home