Friday, May 11, 2007

The Urge To Leave

I can't deny how happy I was when I first received the email telling me that I was granted a PR visa. I was jumping and shouting for joy. At last... I can be with my family permanently in Australia, at last... a chance to work and earn a descent living, at last... a chance to begin my life anew, at last... a better haven for me, at last... my lifetime dream coming to a reality.

But all of the excitement immediately died down in an instant... many things came across my mind. What about Annie??? What about our old house??? What about my friends??? What about my badminton buddies??? What about my private practice which is starting to pick-up???

Suddenly my urge to leave the Philippines became less of a priority. Probably I 'm just afraid of stepping to the other side. I hope all will work out well in Austraia, GOD willing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on praying. It is understandable to have some ambivalence.

10:08 PM  
Blogger rheiboy17 said...

doc, congratulations. alangan naman payuhan kita, pero di man kita kilala, alam ko na you can make it. wag mo lang kalimutan ang pilipinas, anywhere you go, bring the goodness of being filipino in you.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home